(Image by orion_Katerina via Flickr)
With baggage fees, missed connections and the risk of lost bags, checking your luggage is often more hassle than it’s worth.
Time to learn to travel the carry-on way.
Before you explore the world, you need to pack!
The challenge: packing all of your essentials while still leaving options for your fabulous trip.
- 5 bottoms – trousers, jeans, skirts, leggings
- 12 tops – includes cardi’s long and short, plain & printed tops – then I add a cardi or 1 or 2 jackets, depending on the weather
- 2-3 shawls/scarves in your chosen accent colours to add warmth, colour & pizzazz
- accessories – necklaces, earrings, evening bag
- 2 bras & 5 undies – black, white, skin tone
- 3 pairs of shoes – walkers, small heel black, sandal or ballet pump
- 2 pairs of socks and a long-line t-top with a print for sleeping in. I once had to leave a hotel quickly when the fire alarm went off!
- a smaller bag that would do for evening also
- First decide what type of weather you are packing for
- Lay everything you plan to pack on the bed
- Only pack items that will go with at least 3 other things
- Choose 3 accent colours
- Leave room for holiday purchases
A capsule wardrobe like this including cosmetics, vitamins, cozzies and wraps and the suitcase will usually weigh in at under 22kgs