The northern-most and oldest of the Hawaiian Islands, Kauai is renowned as the legendary scenic backdrop for more than 60 movies and TV shows. Discover 43 breathtaking white-sand beaches hugging almost half of the island’s circumference, with the soaring cliffs of 25km-long Napali Coast considered one of the world’s most beautiful stretches of shore. Heading inland, discover the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, Waimea Canyon, and its world –class hiking trails, dramatic gorges and extraordinarily natural beauty. Kauai is all about re-connecting with nature and reviving your body and spirit. Find peace and restore your inner equilibrium.
Kauai is all about nature – stunningly beautiful from its wild emerald heart to its surf-happy shores. An island of immense natural beauty, Hawaii’s “Island of Discovery” is tropical and wild, with rainforest-covered cliffs and cascading waterfalls. Hibiscus and bougainvillea spill over walls, long boards lean against buildings and locals have a laidback, barefoot, back-to-nature charm that makes everyone feel welcome.
The island offers something for all the family
Hiking, swimming, snorkelling, surfing, shopping, horse riding and flying fox adventure. Life moves a little more slowly here, but that doesn’t mean it is dull. Aston Hotels & Resorts have four properties on Kauai, so you can trust they know the island well.
Here is the bucket list for nature-based fun on the island:
- Visit the Napali Coast – a dramatic 24-kilometre stretch where sheer cliffs meet the ocean – by foot, boat or helicopter.
- Hike along the ridges of the Waimea Canyon, known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific”.
- Play on some of the world’s best golf courses – challenging, expertly designed and beautiful.
- Picnic near the awe-inspiring Wailua falls, a 25-metere waterfall that’s considered one of the most beautiful in all Hawaii.
- Ride the Kauai Plantation Railway, take a hike in the rainforest, have a gourmet picnic lunch and pick tropical fruits for desserts.
- Take a boat ride up to Wailua Rive to Fern Grotto, a cave cloaked in mist and tropical ferns.
- Snorkel or swim off one of Kauai’s beautiful golden sand beaches.
- Learn all about coffee growing and roasting at the Kauai Coffee Company estate.
- Explore the lush tropical mountains and Jurassic vistas on n ATV tour or horseback ride.
- Tour Limahuli Garden and Preserve to explore native plants and fragrant tropical flowers.
Drop in on Waikiki
You can’t leave Hawaii without experience infamous Waikiki. The island boasts an array of kid-friendly hotels. Aston Hotels and Resorts offer several great options on the island, from the beachside Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel yo the Aston Waikiki Sunset for families wanting to also be close to attractions such as the zoo.
Embassy Suites is Oahu’s only all-suite resort, while Hilton Hawaiian Village has eight hectares of beachfront gardens. Complete with the Oceanside pool, newly renovated Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach is just minutes from shops, Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium.